Friday, August 6, 2010

Just another Friday night in the 719

It has been a bust and productive week! My co-worker and fellow classmate and I are travelling to San Diego next week for the American Psychological Association's annual convention. It is the mother of all psych conferences! She and I are both presenting our own research, as well as attending presentations by our colleagues and other people in the field. It's like Nerd Fest 2010 for psychologists! While I'm in San Diego I hope to visit the zoo, the beach, and see my friend, M! It has been way too long and we are overdue for a bitch-fest and some drinks!

I dropped off Little Brother at the airport yesterday. He is heading back to VA for a visit before he leaves for boot camp in October. He'll also have to tell our dad about his new status as father-to-be. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall during that discussion! For those of you living in VA, if you hear screaming and shouting from the Springfield area, just ignore it. It's just my father going ballistic.

That means I have 6 glorious days of the house all to myself before I head off to CA! Last night I hosted a Slumber Party at my house for my girlfriends. It was way more fun than I thought it would be! After work today, I plan to go home, do some elliptical, then settle in with my leftover party foods and Netflix. Have I mentioned how much I love Netflix lately? I freakin' love it! I am starting to watch the Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv series. I only watched the pilot, so I hope it gets better. Any suggestions for other series' I should add to my addictions?

No comments: