Sunday, July 5, 2009

Friends & Brothers

So, if I really liked my friends, I shouldn't have a problem with them hooking up with my little brother, right?? Well, I thought I wouldn't. In fact, it never even crossed my mind that I would care if he slept with all of my friends. Whatever. But now that it happened, I want to stab her in the eye... I guess I just never thought about her potential for clinginess and that now she would be around ALL THE TIME and invite herself to EVERYTHING that we do. I had a conversation with the brother and he said I would not need to ever have that conversation with him again. And I told her I was uncomfortable with the situation. I think he heard me (maybe) and she definitely did not. They are downstairs right now and I can hear them talking and I want to puke and scream and kick her out of my house. But if she's supposed to be such a good friend, then WTF is my problem???

My friends are my friends for a reason, and that is that I am able to keep my boundaries. I share what I want, when I want, with who I want. Now the boundaries feel all blurred and I feel like she is infiltrating every part of my life. I can't deal with that; I need more space!!! I feel trapped in my own bedroom... all except the part when I can hear her giggling from my brother's bedroom directly below me.

FML.

No comments: