Monday, June 23, 2008

The next chapter

I finally went to go see Sex and The City last night. I have several friends who wanted/offered to go see it with me, but I secretly wanted to go see it by myself. I had a feeling it would be really emotional for me, the whole happy ending, etc., and I was right.

Since it was 10:20 on a Sunday evening, there were only 2 other girls in the theater with me. They were sitting about 8 rows in front of me, so I was free to sit in the back and cry all by myself - which is exactly what I did! I cried for almost the whole movie!! And not in a "I want to go home and slit my wrists" kind of way, but in a happy, sad, angry, emotional mess kind of a way. It was kind of cathartic. Apparently I have some unresolved feeling I need to work through...

I think that the other 2 moviegoers were probably around 22-years-old. It got me to thinking about how different I was at 22 then I am now, on the eve of my 30th birthday. So much has happened, both good and bad. However, I feel like I have spent the majority of the last year of my twenties in tears. It has definitely been a rough year. I hope that as I embark on the next decade of my life, I have learned some lessons, and can effectively implement what I learned!

Ten things I hope to accomplish in my thirties:
1. Finish my thesis and get it published.
2. Finally get my undergrad thesis published.
3. Finish the book I'm working on and get that published. (I'm starting to see a theme here...)
4. Find a job I love.
5. Incorporate dance back into my life.
6. Become a licensed therapist.
7. Get my financial life in order.
8. Buy a house.
9. Get a dog :)
10. Look back at this list and be able to check off every item!

1 comment:

the girL said...

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY! Hope you have the time of your life... XOXO